I really love a warm bowl of veggies when it’s cold outside. This recipe marries many of my favorite spices with a variety of vegetables while using healthy ghee for flavor and maximum absorption of nutrients.
- 1 sweet potato, peeled and cubed
- 1 medium eggplant, peeled and cubed
- 1 orange bell pepper, chopped
- 1 red bell pepper, chopped
- 2 carrots, chopped
- 1 sweet onion, chopped
- 6 tablespoons ghee
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon curry powder
- 1 teaspoon ground turmeric
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 3/4 tablespoon unrefined salt
- 3/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 2 pounds grass-fed stew meat
- 1 zucchini, diced
- 1 cup fresh orange juice
- 1/4 cup blanched almonds
- 2 tablespoons raisins
- 10 ounces spinach (arugula or kale if undermethylated)
- In a large Dutch or pot, oven place sweet potato, eggplant, bell peppers, carrots, onion, and three tablespoons ghee. Saute over medium heat for 5 minutes.
- In a medium saucepan place 3 tablespoons ghee, garlic, curry powder, turmeric, cinnamon, salt and pepper and saute over medium heat for 3 minutes.
- In a separate skillet, brown the stew meat.
- Pour garlic and spice mixture into the Dutch oven with vegetables. Add the meat, zucchini, orange juice, almonds, and raisins.
- Simmer 20 minutes, covered.
- Add spinach or arugula to Dutch oven and cook for 5 more minutes.
- Serve and enjoy!